Home Forums EYFS – Cambridge Hub Interim task 2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m trying again as I’m not sure it worked the first time. I focused on communication and language but it covers all areas.

Attachments:

Picture of stone hedgehogs for reference

Attachments:
    NIckyb
    Participant

HI Joley ,

Love the hedgehog ideas and they cover all the prime areas of learning and development. To even further develop your ideas more detail around texture (sensory)
    could be valuable in supporting and scaffolding language” prickly, spiky, smooth etc

Definitely! – ‘spiky’ is one of the laminated words and for display and we’ve recently purchased new fabrics that we can use to explore the sensory aspects. Works well with some of the actions and words I’ve developed for the itchy itchy ivy, spiky spiky holly and eek stinging nettles in teh woodland area!!

kaydimelow
    Participant

Hi Joley – It is good to see how you build in/plan for aspects of the EYFS whilst all taking place in in your outdoor environment. It is a really good open-ended task that lends itself to being extended and for the children to take in many directions. You will also be able to observe/assess their progress and development in the Prime areas. Can the children create their own pebble creatures? I would really like to see your woodland area.
    Kay D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.