Home Forums EYFS FORUM DISCUSSION Day3 SCHEMAs

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    sarahcampbell
    Participant

Connecting – join train tracks together, build towers with duplo blocks inside and large duplo blocks outside. Threading beads would be a good activity and using anything at the craft table in the way of sellotape and glue.

Enveloping – could use shape sorter toys. In the role play area children could wrap up dolls in blankets and play doctors using bandages to wrap around poorly arms. Craft activities could include wrapping up parcels. Play scarfs can be used to play peek a boo and this could be a musical activity. Layering items like bags hats and necklaces. Building forts and making a tunnel so that they are getting in and under.

Ajames
    Keymaster

What an amazing selection of ideas – well done and keep them coming. I’d be particularly interested to hear ideas on how you can further explore the vertical, horizontal and diagonal lines aspect of trajectory scheme. Piet Mondrian, artist, might be an interesting one and could incorporate enclosing.

I’d also be really interested to hear how you develop staff knowledge and understanding. Standard 8 folks!!

AnamariaC
    Participant

Enclosing
    Get out the building bricks and build houses.
    Tiding up with boxes.
    Playing hide and seek.
    Sit in cars outside.
    Build a tent-go camping.
    Go to the park- open/close gate.

Connecting
    Building a den with connecting blocks.
    Puzzles/ monkey puzzle game/ cogs and wheels
    3D cubes.
    Macramé knot tying.
    Craft activities.

LaurenClay
    Participant

https://youtu.be/Q-hmoWVU7vE

if you’re interested here’s a little clip about supporting schemas and using observations to further plan.

Ajames
    Keymaster

You might also like to look at the SchemaPlay website by OMEP. They have a fantastic activity book: Education for Sustainable Citizenship – think children’s future today!

LaurenClay
    Participant

I will be developing my staff’s knowledge by presenting a power point presentation during a staff meeting 🙂

Ajames
    Keymaster

Lauren, I hope you’re using all the advice you’re giving on these forums as evidence for standard 8!! Make sure you also include the planning, delivery and outcomes of staff meetings.

LaurenClay
    Participant

Thank you 🙂 my external mentor suggested it today so I will be grabbing some screen shots x

sarahcampbell
    Participant

Connecting
    Trains for the train track joining them together, using the happyland land toy cars to join them all together.

Enclosure
    Building fences for animals in small world play
    Using the duplo to build different constructions
    Building different enclosures with the building blocks either for the cars or the animals.

Connection
    Joining together – puzzles, rainbow interstar rings

Trajectory
    Climbing the ladder of the slide, pouring, kicking, throwing toys… this I associate with those who might be misbehaving

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.