Home Forums EYFS CPLD day 9 and forum discussion/interim task.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Oudoor review

Attachments:

We currently do not follow an approach but as my change project has been to create an outdoors classroom with the aim that the indoors and outdoors are seen as one I may investigate into further particular approach further, I feel I needed a garden before an approach. Whilst I feel I need to investigate into a few approaches I researched Forest Schools, I particular like the ‘hands-on learning experiences’ phrase which is used by Jon Cree (chair of FSA) which links to my setting ethos. On completion of this change project and the renovations complete I will use the new development matters or birth to 5 matters (which ever we decide as a setting to use) to run an outdoors provision alongside. Looking forward to September!

Here is my interim task, sorry its late.

Attachments:
    AnamariaC
    Participant

We do not use a pedagogical document, other than EYFS and Development matters. However, we are trying to have a mixed approach -adult-child led. Depends on the topic sometimes we have a full adult led approach, sometimes we have child lead learning and children’s needs are met by supporting their interests. We are looking to implement a little bit of Montessori approach in our setting especially for the outdoor area as well as some elements from the curiosity approach.

Outdoor-learning

Attachments:
    kdilworth
    Participant

Here is my interim task – apologies that this is so late (have been rather swamped!)

Attachments:
    LStubbs
    Participant

Apologies, please find attached my reflective log on outdoor learning approaches, specifically Forest School.

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.