Home Forums EYFS CPLD Day 3 Reflection on sensory development

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    NIckyb
    Participant

Optional reflection challenge!

How many senses need to be successfully integrated in order to learn how to write?

LaurenClay
    Participant

I loved researching this. The mark making matters document is fabulous.

I believe in the early stages, attachment plays a crucial role. When a child is in a happy and safe environment they’re more comfortable to explore their surroundings thus allowing them to develop the skills they need for initial mark making.

Children need opportunities to develop gross and fine motor skills, they need to develop their attention spans, they need to develop their memories for mark making memory, and of course natural muscle and bone development comes into it. It’s actually a huge subject I could discuss all day… however, it’s 11pm and I’ve been studying and working on my portfolio all day and my husband is giving me the awkward eyebrows as if to say “another book?” So I guess it’s time to log off and give my brain a rest.

LaurenClay
    Participant

Also saw this today which is interesting

Attachments:
    NIckyb
    Participant

Love the flyer about scribbling – I wonder if / how you could use this as a piece of evidence for your portfolio ?!!!

LaurenClay
    Participant

Ohhh good question ☺️

Ajames
    Keymaster

You might also like these articles on the development of scribbling in terms of cognitive development and early writing.

Attachments:
    LaurenClay
    Participant

Brilliant, thank you ☺️

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.