Home Forums EYFS – Cambridge Hub CHANGE PROJECTS

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    NIckyb
    Participant

HI all

I have attached an overview of previous trainees change projects ( in summary form) to give you a flavour of what these reports ‘look’ like for your reference.

Please post and share your ideas on your change projects on here and we can help with advice / resources / ideas for developing these.

Nicky

Attachments:
    EmmaW
    Participant

Thank you Nicky, it’s helpful to see what has been included previously. On the document it says that full copies of the projects can be found on the website – please can you point me in the right direction as I can’t find them?

I have decided on a reading project. I don’t feel that in my setting we read for pleasure. It’s all about getting the children reading, recording their ability and moving them on. We occasionally have storytime at the end of the day but not everyday – so some days some children don’t access the books – although they are available in the classroom (either a book to read, with puppets or on a CD) for them to use when they have free time.

I applied for a grant from out parent association and have been given some money to set this club up. My plan is to have a teepee outside with cushions and rugs that children can access as an extra-curricular activity, with adult supervision, where children can listen to stories for fun and be fully immersed in them for a period of time away from the constraints of the school.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by EmmaW.
    arlene
    Participant

Oh Emma, that sounds utterly fantastic. Well done on securing the grant. Please, keep us updated with your progress.

EmmaW
    Participant

Thank you Arlene – I have placed an order for my things now, so just got to wait for it all to arrive. Fingers crossed it doesn’t take too long, given the current situation!

NIckyb
    Participant

Hi

Glad you found the overview useful – Love your ideas for supporting children’ interest in stories away form the school – reading should be about pleasure and adventure!

HollyMelton381
    Participant

Emma that sounds really good and it’s lovely that you’ve been able to get a grant to get some lovely resources. Good luck, looking forward to hearing all about it.

I was thinking about something around boys and encouraging them to freely access the mark making area inside especially in the pre-school room.

Nicola Robertson
    Participant

I am looking at an oracy based project. I work in a nursery classroom (part of a primary school). We have 50% pupil premium students and the school and 30% EAL. Many children form disadvantaged backgrounds. We have a high number of children with extremely poor language and communication skills. Any advice, guidance or support would be greatly appreciated.

NIckyb
    Participant

HI Nicky ,

one of my trainees last year completed a wonderful change project on supporting children with SLCN – I will get in touch with her and ask for permission to share with you

Nicky

Nicola Robertson
    Participant

That would be amazing Nicky thank you. I have come up with the idea of using helicopter stories to build communication. Not sure if I am totally on the right train of thought 🤔

NIckyb
    Participant

oooh yes you definitely are and actually the lady I am thinking of did some really wonderful work with helicopter stories – did you come to the EYT conference in early November – Maria mentioned it a little then?

Nicola Robertson
    Participant

Yes I did, I really enjoyed it all.

NIckyb
    Participant

Hi nicky

Amy Clifton is happy to share her email address and would love to chat to you about her change project supporting children’s SLCN

Amyclifton@e.essexprimaryscitt.co.uk

Nicola Robertson
    Participant

Thank you Nicky.

arlene
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’m hoping to make use of the wealth of our hive-mind for inspiration.
    When you find some time, likely in the New Year by now, may I request photographs of your setting’s reading area/zone, please, if you are happy to share? (perhaps more appropriate when free of little ones to navigate the GDPR/consent constraints etc)

I’d like to explore the visuals of the design aspect (aside from the perfection of Pinterest) with the invitation to read. The Curiosity approach to pedagogy has caught my eye!

Thanks in advance.

Arls

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.