Home Forums EYFS Change project themes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Ajames
    Keymaster

I know that you are all finalising ideas for your change projects. Some of you have chosen the theme of ‘outdoor learning’ and so I have included a few articles that you might find interesting. I have many more, so please just ask.

If you would like to share your Change Project focus here, Nicky and I are more than happy to upload any resources we think you may find useful.

Attachments:
    isabellalor
    Participant

Thanks for the resources. I wanted to focus upon children’s wellbeing, even more so now we are going into lockdown 2. I want to create a designated area for children inside to retreat too as we don’t have this currently. However, the outdoor environment was something I wanted to improve. Can I follow along with both? I cant decide!

NIckyb
    Participant

HI Isabellor ,

It might be a bit overwhelming to do both inside and outside , however you could use theme theme of emotional literacy to improve both aspects of the environment if you are aiming at improving provision to support children’s well being.
    yOu could also take a look at Elizabeth Jarmans Communication Friendly Spaces

Nicky

Ajames
    Keymaster

I think Nicky is right, both might be a bit much. I’ve attached the recent resilience pack that was sent out – this might be a nice place to start. One of our new External Mentors, Sascha Goodman, is an ex-trainee and she did an outstanding project on mindfulness a couple of years ago – it might be worth getting in touch with her. I’ll ask her if she’s happy for me to put her email on here and get back to you.

isabellalor
    Participant

Thankyou, that’s helpful. I used Elizabeth Jarmans Communication and friendly spaces approach throughout my dissertation which was on emotional wellbeing within the environment! I will revisit, and look at the resilience pack too!

Ajames
    Keymaster

Sascha has given permission to share her email saschagoodman91@gmail.com

sarahcampbell
    Participant

I am going to look at maths and using this in music. Possibly looking at EAL children with how songs can increase vocabulary.

NIckyb
    Participant

Hello

some useful articles on supporting boys (for Lauren) and supporting children with EAL (for Sarah) attached
    Happy reading!

Attachments:
    LaurenClay
    Participant

Thank you Nicky ❤️

sarahcampbell
    Participant

Thank you 🙂

summertynan
    Participant

For my change project I am looking at home learning, so I have made up 5 different home bags to start this off.

LStubbs
    Participant

For my change project I am looking at implementing high quality story telling within our setting. I have been in contact with an amazing local children’s storyteller, Janina Vigurs, who will we coming in for a staff training session (if the guidance permits, if not then virtually).

Ajames
    Keymaster

Hi Louise,

That could be really interesting. You might also want to look at Helicopter Stories.

I’ve also attached a couple of articles that might be of use. We also have an ex-trainee who did a mini-project on this – I’ll ask her if we can share it.

Attachments:
    Ajames
    Keymaster

Sascha Goodman, an outstanding former trainee and current External Mentor, has given permission for me to share her mini-change project on ‘Active Stories’. It is an excellent project and also a very good example of how to lay out a change project (although yours will be larger).

Enjoy!

Attachments:
    mannsam@aol.com
    Participant

The National centre for Literacy is based in Dragon’s Hall Norwich. They did a lot of work on ‘Neverending Stories’ in 2019. They have a useful book for parents (and practitioners) and are always happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.