Home Forums EYFS Articles

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ajames
    Keymaster

Hi all,

As you are all engaging in or planning the write up of your projects, I thought it might be useful to begin to share any interesting articles that we find.

If you also have subject areas that you would like more reading on, then please post on here and between us we should find something.

I’m starting off with an article on the role of scribbling in cognitive development.Far more than a pre-writing tool, the article explores many areas, including language development and imaginative play. Hope someone finds it useful!

Attachments:
    Ajames
    Keymaster

Hi All,

Jess, the EYFS teacher at Newlands Spring has had an article published in NurseryWorld this week on storytelling. She has very kindly consented to me sharing it with you.

I would send you the link but you have to be a subscriber to access it, so I’ve copied it into a word document and attached it for you.

Enjoy!

Attachments:
    NIckyb
    Participant

Hi everyone

I have attached an article on resilience and a powerpoint on Jababdao from the CPLD day we had a Highfield Nursery.
    Either of these could be used as starting points for your o think about evidencing 5.2

Nicky x

Attachments:
    Ajames
    Keymaster

Hi all,

Early Education have included a lot of links and advice around the recent government announcements on school/nursery opening procedures that I thought you might find interesting:

COVID-19 updates (England)
    Government has announced that early years settings and school nursery and reception classes are expected to re-open from 1 June, subject to the government’s “roadmap” conditions being met. They have issued the following guidance:
    Details on phased wider opening of schools, colleges and nurseries (press release)
    Actions for educational and childcare settings to prepare for wider opening from 1 June 2020 Coronavirus (COVID-19): implementing protective measures in education and childcare settings What parents and carers need to know about schools, colleges and other education settings during the coronavirus outbreak
    Coronavirus FAQs: what you can and can’t do (Section 6 on schools and childcare)
    The National Education Union have published a series of questions for government to address before schools are re-opened. We have asked government to ensure there is clear information on the scientific advice underpinning their decision to provide reassurance to the sector.
    Further practical guidance is expected. If you have specific questions, please contact us and we will endeavour to ensure these are covered.
    According the latest figures to end 30 April, 70% of state funded nurseries were open with an attendance of 4% of normal numbers, while 35% of other early years settings were open with an attendance rate of 5%.
    Other updates from DfE include:
    Guidance on temporary changes to the law on education, health and care needs assessments and plans due to coronavirus
    Eligibility for government childcare offers protected – The Government has announced that any working parent usually eligible for 30 hours free childcare or Tax-Free Childcare will remain eligible if they fall below the minimum income requirement due to COVID-19. Subject to Parliamentary approval, parents who are critical workers will also remain eligible for these entitlements if their income has increased over the maximum threshold during the COVID-19 pandemic. Local authorities

also have the ability to relax the validity dates on 30 hours codes where parents were ordinarily eligible and expecting to take up a 30 hours childcare place between 1 April 2020 and 31 August 2020, but have missed the reconfirmation/application deadline of 31 March 2020. This will enable children to take up their places in the summer term. are therefore asking local authorities and childcare providers who are approached by critical worker and vulnerable child parents who have missed the 31 March deadline to accept their codes. Providers and local authorities will need to confirm that the child taking up the place did in fact turn three before 1st April 2020 to ensure they are eligible for a 30 hours place in the summer term. DfE are also encouraging parents to continue to apply for, and reconfirm, their 30 hours entitlement, even when childcare settings remain closed to all but vulnerable children and children of critical workers. This will ensure a smooth transition back into childcare when settings fully reopen.
    Conducting a SEND risk assessment during the coronavirus outbreak – Updated to reflect the SEND regulations changes. Also added information about how the guidance affects children/young people with an EHC plan and a social worker and new information on how to keep staff and pupils safe and reduce the risk of infection in educational settings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.