Home Forums EYFS Additional task 2: Attachment

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Ajames
    Keymaster

A reminder of the task details:

Sub standard 2.3 reads as follows:

‘Know and understand attachment theories, their significance and how effectively to promote secure attachments.’

Amplification:

‘Know that all children need consistent relationships in order to be secure, happy and confident. Early Years Teachers recognise the relevance of attachment theory and its significance for babies and young children, particularly when separated from their primary carer for the first time. They support and work together with parents/carers through a key person approach to plan provision that ensures each child feels emotionally secure.’

Task:

Research Attachment theories and their associated behavioural categories. Choose one of the children you are tracking and assess, in terms of ‘best fit’, which of the behavioural categories applies to them. In no more than 1,500 words, discuss how you know your subject falls into that category, the implications for your own practice (including practical examples) and the impact this had on the child’s outcomes.

Consider:

• Understanding of theories and links to child behaviour
    • Good links to practice
    • Adequate tracking of child
    • Impact on child
    • Parent dialogue
    • Implications for future practice

Submission date: 5.00pm 12th February 2021 to NON ALLOCATED Lead Consultant

Attachments:
    despinaarsalides
    Participant

Good morning,

I was wondering if anybody knew a good place to get articles from, as I am finding lots of blogs.

Despina

NIckyb
    Participant

HI Despina

The following text books that you have in your book bag could be used to support this task
    Developmental Psychology and Early Childhood Education (D. Whitebread)

Early Childhood and Neuroscience, Theory , Research and implications for practice (M. Conkbayir)

sarahsaunders
    Participant

Developmental Psychology and Early Childhood Education (D. Whitebread) – I didn’t get this one in my book bag?

NIckyb
    Participant

OK Sarah I’ll check this out – I have a spare copy that I can bring with me when I come to visit you hopefully next Tuesday

Nicky

Jmace
    Participant

I don’t think I got this book either

NIckyb
    Participant

Sorry my mistake ladies – it is one of my favourite books but it’s not in your book bag – I recommend it though!
    Nicky

despinaarsalides
    Participant

Am I correct in saying that the behavioural categories of attachment theory is securely attached, anxious ambivalent , anxious avoidant and anxious disorganized?

Jmace
    Participant

Despina, this is what I’m going with
    Jess

NIckyb
    Participant

HI Despina and Jess – yes those are the attachment categories!
    Nicky

despinaarsalides
    Participant

Great, thank you.

NIckyb
    Participant

Possible outline for attachment task

Explain your knowledge and understanding of Attachment Theory – who are they key theorists?
    How does Attachment Theory relate to the EYFS?
    Identify the attachment categories and explain patterns of behaviours associated
    Identify a child and explain how you thin that child is in ‘best fit category’
    Explain the strategies you have put in place to support this child (be explicit)
    Outline the impact the strategies have had for the child (?parent ?yourself ?Your colleagues)
    Reflect on your learning – any impact on your future practice?

Good luck!
    Nicky

Ajames
    Keymaster

If you want to have a really clear example of the categories in terms of children’s behaviours, look again at the youtube clips for ‘The strange situation'(Ainsworth)

despinaarsalides
    Participant

Good morning, I just had a question about the layout of this assignment. Am I able to use bullet points and a table within this assignment or should I do a standard essay layout?

Despina

isabellalor
    Participant

Do we have a particular format to follow in terms of referencing?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.