Home Forums EYFS 20-21 Cohort evidence for standard 5

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ajames
    Keymaster

5.1 Have a secure understanding of how a range of factors can inhibit children’s learning and development and how best to address these.
    5.2 Demonstrate an awareness of the physical, emotional, social, intellectual development and communication needs of babies and children, and know how to adapt education and care to support children at different stages of development.
    5.3 Demonstrate a clear understanding of the needs of all children, including those with special educational needs and disabilities, and be able to use and evaluate distinctive approaches to engage and support them.
    5.4 Support children through a range of transitions.
    5.5 Know when a child is in need of additional support and how this can be accessed, working in partnership with parents and/or carers and other professionals.

Ajames
    Keymaster

Ideas from my group today:
    5.4: use all the changes from COVID guidelines e.g. bubbles; change of routines; different provision; home learning
    5.5: use of transcripts

LM1234
    Participant

5.3 – Evidence the use of visual support (PEC’s, first and then, visual timetable) and how this supports children with additional needs.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by LM1234.
    Ajames
    Keymaster

Excellent additions – perhaps you could share some examples of visual supports with your fellow trainees.

AmyClifton1
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Just some ideas from what I did last year for my evidence:

– I completed some SEND training as I identified in my IDP that this was an area I had less experience and knowledge in. From the training, I then reflected on what I had learnt and evidenced examples of what I actioned.
    – As my change project was focused on communication and language development, I wrote a reflective account on how this area of development progresses from birth to 5 and explained how I would adapt my environment to support these ages.

NIckyb
    Participant

Thank you Amy – that is super helpful!

Nicky

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.