Home Forums EYFS 20-21 Cohort evidence for standard 3

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ajames
    Keymaster

3.1 Have a secure knowledge of early childhood development and how that leads to successful learning and development at school.
    3.2 Demonstrate a clear understanding of how to widen children’s experience and raise their expectations.
    3.3 Demonstrate a critical understanding of the EYFS areas of learning and development and engage with the educational continuum of expectations, curricula and teaching of key stage 1 and 2.
    3.4 Demonstrate a clear understanding of systematic synthetic phonics in the teaching of early reading.
    3.5 Demonstrate a clear understanding of appropriate strategies in the teaching of early mathematics.

Ajames
    Keymaster

Ideas from my group today:

Use of displays.
    Evidence of training (within 2 years if in certificate form) and how this has been disseminated to staff.

NIckyb
    Participant

Please find attached a critical evaluation and analysis of the proposed changes to the development matters / revisions to the EYFS that a trainee from last year completed and has kindly given permission to share.
    This is a strong piece of evidence that demonstrates the trainee’s critical knowledge and understanding of the EYFS.

Attachments:
    AmyClifton1
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Just some ideas from what I did last year for my evidence:

– I completed a timed observation on a key child of mine that I knew needed further support in making relationships with his peers. From doing this, I then applied two theories of social play development to his tracking and critically analysed how this impacts on my understanding of the child’s needs and how to support him.
    – My setting mentor observed me completing a science experiment with a small group of children and the reflected on its impact on my practice.
    – I reflected on how physical development progresses from EYFS to Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2

NIckyb
    Participant

Some really useful ideas for gathering portfolio evidencefor this standard – thanks Amy!

Rosieewles13
    Participant

Hello,

Has anyone got ay ideas for how to evidence standard 3.1/3.2 please?

Thank you!!

EmmaW
    Participant

Hi Rosie

I am stuck for 3.1 but 3.2 I have used lesson observations. Maybe annotated plans and/or photographs showing opportunities provided and critical thinking about what you might improve and why.

Hope that starts to help!

NIckyb
    Participant

3.2 Demonstrate a clear understanding of how to widen children’s experience and raise their expectations.

Amplification:
    Ensure children’s experiences are planned and purposeful and give all children opportunities to learn and develop. Early Years Teachers ensure experiences are relevant, appropriate to children’s ages, needs and interests and support a range of learning styles. They ensure there are opportunities for child initiated play and build skillfully upon children’s own choices. They understand that when experiences and activities are of interest to children they are more likely to learn and develop. Early Years Teachers support and encourage children to evaluate their own progress and think about what and how they might improve.

I would say that Emma is on the right lies , activity plans , observations , transcripts , photographs of activities – anything theta provides evidence of how you have used the children’s interests to then purposefully plan an experience that builds on this interest

Rosieewles13
    Participant

Thank you!! That’s really helpful

Ajames
    Keymaster

Absolutely agree. Only things I’d are:

Possibly identifying a child’s preferred scheme and developing this through practice and provision.

Consider how you build progression into your environment offer – we’ll discuss this more at the next CPLD day – in order to widen experience/develop and consolidate skills.

I would also consider what the children can teach each other and how you use this e.g. you observe a child developing skills to manipulate clay with their hands – develop this by engaging with a whole group to teach and develop these skills – the original child is then leading the learning.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.