Home Forums EYFS 20-21 Cohort evidence for standard 2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ajames
    Keymaster

2.1 Be accountable for children’s progress, attainment and outcomes.
    2.2 Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how babies and children learn and develop.
    2.3 Know and understand attachment theories, their significance and how effectively to promote secure attachments.
    2.4 Lead and model effective strategies to develop and extend children’s learning and thinking, including sustained and shared thinking.
    2.5 Communicate effectively with children from birth to age five, listening and responding sensitively.
    2.6 Develop children’s confidence, social and communication skills through group learning.
    2.7 Understand the important influence of parents and/or carers, working in partnership with them to support the child’s wellbeing, learning and development

Ajames
    Keymaster

Ideas from my group today:

Using ‘All about me’ forms to tailor both practice and provision
    2.4: evidence of how you have followed children’s interests, including during an interaction
    2.5: using Makaton; visual timetables; snack and chat
    2.6: observations of colleagues engaged in group activities; examples of planning for group activities.

sarahcampbell
    Participant

2.1 use of online learning diary to update children’s individual learning through observations and parents are able to access this too so that they can add any contributions from home. (2.7)

NIckyb
    Participant

Please find attached a leaflet on understanding schemas that a trainee created last year and has kindly given permission to share. This is a very good piece of evidence that demonstrates the trainee’s knowledge and understanding of schemas – what they are and how to support them. This also provides evidence of effective leadership as the trainee was able to distribute these leaflets to her colleagues in addition to the parents of the setting

Attachments:
    AmyClifton1
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Just some ideas from what I did last year for my evidence:

– I made Sustained Shared Thinking prompt cards with wording such as “I wonder…” and “what would happen if…” and placed them round the room and outside area to act as prompts for staff. I then reflected on the observation that staff were using SST language and scaffolding a lot more.
    – I recorded a transcript of a conversation between myself and a group of children were it highlighted that I was using sustained shared thinking. We read a book about different cars and a child mentioned that their brother goes go-karting. This initial interest led to us junk modelling a child size go-kart together. I then wrote a reflective account on the experience.

NIckyb
    Participant

Really strong evidence ideas for SST ( 2.4)
    Thanks Amy!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.